Thursday, December 20, 2007

A L'il Bit of Grump

I am still sick.

My body feels like it's going through an inactive taper, achey and uncomfortable.

I tried to go back to work yesterday, but had to leave before noon.

Sitting still, I felt fine.

Being active (running around the gym) unexpectedly stressed me to the point where I felt worse than I had for the prior few days.

As I was leaving, I could hear a cacophony of coughing, sniffling and sneezing all around me. I'm almost glad I'm still sick, so I don't have to be around, well, all that sickness.

One of my co-workers said that he doesn't take time off, he just takes ibuprofen.

He said this at the top of his lungs while almost simultaneously sharing the factoid that one person can infect ten other people --and hacking and blowing into a tissue.

The altruistic side of me sends him best wishes, and hopes that he, and everyone else, gets better soon.

The grumpy, whadaya think your doing side, thinks he needs a swift kick to the dark side, where all the little hobgoblins can hack and spit on him. He probably wouldn't get it though, and would think it was some great new game where everybody hacked and spit on each other. Then he would just join in.

Maybe he could get buried by hacking goo, and just disappear.
Yup.
That's what I wish for him.

People who don't go home when they're sick, deserve to buried by hacking goo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spreading germs is just not nice. I hope you get all the way better soon :)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I agree...to a point. I used to get colds that turned into larygitis pretty rapidly. For me, that means if I stay home I come back to my students being hind and my classroom being in chaos. It's just easier, for me, to suck down the DayQuil and use PowerPoint.