Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moments

Sometimes you just have to let things go.

Like tonight.
Taking care of a client's last minute concerns, becoming late, rushing to join 5:oo commute traffic, catching all of the red lights. Then finding that a one liter bottle of water had emptied out into my purse, soaking everything, including the car seat underneath. Grabbing a paper napkin to soak up some of the mess--and leaving pilled up scraps of pulpy paper all over the cloth seat.

Well.
It's just water.

Besides, I just don't have time to deal with it. The clock's ticking, you know.

Rushing into class. Aggravating the teacher without meaning to. Doing the best I can, but feeling like, "Whoops, I made a boo boo," and imaging pulling my head into my shell.
Then, letting it go.

Into the locker room. Swim bag, bike bag. Draw cords catching on everything. Pulling my ugly black swim suit out with a twinge. Two days ago, I'd left my favorite, brightly colored swim suit in the locker room, and two calls later plus one lost-and-found foray (you don't want to see what gets turned in) had turned up nothing.
So, I had to let that go, too.

Rounding the corner toward the pool, and hanging at eye level--my suit. Someone had hung it up, and two days later it was still waiting for me.
Now, that's a moment you want to hang on to.

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

YAY for those moments when things go right! And perhaps better your suit was hung up to dry rather than balled up and still wet in some lost & found box with those other scary things.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I like to hang onto those moments, and ignore all the crazy ones. I like to focus on the one person this week who let me into a long line of cars in traffic, and ignore the 20 or so that cut me off. That makes life happier, eh?

BreeWee said...

Oh my dear Lord that day sounds exactly like my daily life... everyday has those bumps in the road and I am finding if you laugh through it as best as possible at the end of the day the good stuff is waiting... something like that, or like getting the suit back. Way to hold it together Skoshi!!

Okay, about the fluids... After 2007 when I gained 4lbs of fluids we realized I had some issues so I got that HUGELY expensive IM scale that does it all, way expensive but it has been saving me so so so so much... anyways, everyday it has me about 59% fluids, after some hard sessions I am near 57, never under it, sometimes I hit 60 (too much), when I found myself way dizzy I got on and it was 50%, I have never been that low so I knew I had a problem, went to my doctor and yep, dehydrated. So, if you have concerns it might be worth your money too...

Hope your weekend is GREAT!!
Bree

Danny Montoya said...

Hi N! The pools we're using in Tucson are Oro Valley (the best and 50 meter, north side of town), Clements Pool (very warm water) and Catalina Pool (solid facility)

Enjoy Tucson!!!

skoshi said...

Great comments and information from everyone--thanks!
I'm still enjoying my newly found lost suit and trying to "let it go" when the going gets bumpy :)