Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Unplanned Athlete

A raucous and rollicking karaoke dance party, followed by 4 hours of sleep and a killer ride up Tramway--

(--mostly because I wouldn't let the cyclists that passed me on the hill go by without a fight--I was just in that kind of mood. I dogged one poor guy all the way up, and he kept working harder because he didn't like me there (which made for a great sub-anaerobic climb), then caught up with another on the flats who did everything he could to drop me, which of course he eventually did. I can't figure out if these guys drop anyone who comes up behind them, or if they see a little female, so they try extra hard. I mean, initially, they're obviously not going that hard because I catch up to them...in all my years here, the only one who ever sat up and beckoned me up to say hello and give me some good advice was a former pro member of the Shaklee team--a very nice guy.)

A perfect cap to an unprogrammed but spot-on "my-muscles-are-sore-but-I'm-feeling-stronger-every-day" training week.

Now, its time for a nap.




Happy sigh :)



3 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Who knows what's going on in their heads ... but I bet there are a number of guys don't like getting chicked. Good for you getting stronger!

Bones said...

I think they just try not to let anyone pass, doesn't matter, male or female. I get like that every now and then & then I have to remember my plan.

Bones said...

Oh BTW, I got chicked the other day riding to work.