Monday, July 7, 2008

Swim Session

I swam for an hour and fifteen minutes today and my nose won't leave me alone.

I am stuffed up, sneezy, and runny.

The skin under my nose is sore.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

The water was cool and mildly murky.

Some giant guy got into my lane and kept hitting me.

The little girl in the next lane swam by me like a mermaid.

The guy next to her just about emptied the pool with his 'fly.

I pooped out in the middle, but picked it up when the water got choppy and to try to get out of the way of the flailing limbs in my lane.

I think the little girl may even have kicked me.

When I exited the pool, I ended up in a conversation with the little girl's mom who told me about her 30 pound weight gain after a car accident two years ago, and a sad-eyed pregnant woman who said that all the women in her family had a hard time losing the weight after the baby was born...

Once I extricated myself, I ran out the door, went home, and stretched.

It was a good swim.

But my nose still won't leave me alone.

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hey Skoshi, good to hear from you. Bummer about the guy in your lane. I keep getting little kids crossing into my lane. They probably think I'm a gigantic person who keeps running into them.

Hope the nose clears up!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Oh, SKKOOOSSHHHHIIIIIII. We're going to Cochiti to swim on Thursday at 8 am. Murky, cold, but wide open and lots of friends. Join us!

skoshi said...

OH M-i-i-sty...THANKS for the invite, but I have to work shifting, pushing, coaxing, and actually HAULING bodies around. Some days I can get off early, but these days, the threat of lightning late in the day has me head for the indoor pool...

Thanks Shirley--as for my nose, it's almost all the way better--something about increased sensitivity since I've moved to NM combined with chlorinated water just makes my nose SHUT DOWN. I sneeze for HOURS after a swim....
Does anyone else?

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

you gotta watch the fly guy - he makes a pool tsunami, I'm tellin' ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.