Sunday, July 20, 2008

Green It Is

Put "driving green" to the test these past few weeks.

Fill-up today told the story.

10.28 gallons

411.9 miles

40.07 m.p.g. !

Since I already get something over 35 m.p.g., the jump up isn't nearly as significant as it sounds.

Still, the last time I got 40 (actually 44) m.p.g. was last year, when I incidentally drafted a large truck to get out to the Gallup Triathlon. It was night, and I was using the tail lights as a driving guide.

Today was a surprise.

But that driving green, sometimes, just takes the fun out of things...
I never thought I'd feel guilt for driving 70 m.p.h.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, that's some great gas mileage! What kind of car do you have?

I felt a bit guilty for renting a compact car when in Montana last weekend (drove a total of 15 hours) but the extra comfort was worth it. Economy cars don't sometimes have cruise control, which was a must after running a marathon.

Bones said...

Wow 40+ mpg, When I take it easy in my truck I get a whole 16 mpg. If I drive it normally I get 15.5. I must be doing something wrong. It's just easier to ride my bike to work rather than drive greener.